Monday 14 March 2011

A tale they won't believe

Hello everyone! I thought I would post this video of the song you heard on Friday. Again, it's sung live (I think this will be the last live video I'll post, or else you'll think that's all I watch), by Weddings, Parties, Anything. It is played even faster than the studio version, and it really shows the lead singer telling the story and the way the fans love the song. Still kind of gruesome, though! I don't know why, but Blogger won't let me post the actual video, so here's the link to the Youtube page ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnNqxI5EdiI

If you found any "strange but true" stories on Snopes.com that you'd like to share here, or would like to tell a story of your own (some of you had some good ones!!), feel free to do so!

OK OK, seeing as how you are forcing me, I'll tell you one of mine. : ) I've eaten some interesting things over time; let me tell you some. I've eaten frogs legs and snails in my primary school, grasshoppers in Oaxaca, hamburgers made with dog meat in Belize, ants in Mexico City, and roasted bush turkey, barbecued kangaroo and kangaroo tail soup in Australia! I think the funniest thing though was when my husband and I first arrived in Mexico City and we went with our friend Ricardo to eat tacos at his favourite taco stand. We asked Ricardo what type of tacos they had there, and he replied (in English - we didn't know much Spanish at the time), "Well, there's tripas, and ..." We said "Tripas? What sort of meat is that?" So he pointed around his stomach area and said "Hmm, tripas, they are, umm ..." - he didn't know how to say it in English. I helped him out: "Ribs? Are they ribs?" Our friend replied, "Ribs ... Tribs? Tripas? Yes, tribs, tacos de tribs, tripas, that's it!" So we ordered a lot of tacos de "ribs", which, when they arrived, didn't look (or taste) anything like ribs!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment